Sunday, April 27, 2014

Powerpuff Girls

So when I set down to do my nails today I didn't have the intent of doing Powerpuff Girls nails but when I was searching my Fab Ur Nails plate Fun 11 the idea just hit me. I love the Powerpuff Girls so I knew I just had to try to get the idea down on my nails and thankfully it worked out just how I pictured it. I used so many polishes that I will just list them at the end of the post.

The first thing I did was make the stamping decals with three different stampers. I used the images of the Powerpuff Girl faces from Fun11 and stamped them in black. I filled them in using nail polish and a dotting tool. As I waited for them to dry I worked on my nails. I painted my index, middle, and ring finger in the light colors of blue, pink, and green respectively and then stamping in a darker version of each of the colors using Winstonia W111 to add a sunburst type pattern. My pinky I painted with one coat of white to prepare for an entire nail stamping decal.  I chose to Mash 56 to make a stamping nail for my pinky to make it look like the color trails that is left behind when they Powerpuff Girls fly through the sky. Working one nail at a time I applied a layer of topcoat, let it dry for about a minute, then rolled on the stamping decal of the Powerpuff Girl face into the center of the sunburst. I did the same for the full nail image on the pinky. I topcoated it all with Seche Vite.


Polishes used for Bubbles: Sally Hansen Insta Dri- Blue-Away and Blue Streak, OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Zoya Chantal. Blossom: Cult Nails Falling Hard, Zoya Lara, Arizona, and Chantal, and Sinful Colors Picante. Buttercup: Sinful Colors Olympia, Zoya Josie and Chantal. I used Cult Nails Nevermore for the black on all the nails. The pinky nail has Zoya Josie, Sally Hansen Blue-Away, and Cult Nails Falling Hard.


3 comments: