Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer - Work of Tart

Over the weekend I went to Ulta to pick up my free birthday item and also was on the hunt for Maybelline Baby Skin. Whenever I'm at Ulta though I always have to check out the clearance section. I found one of the Sally Hansen textures Sugar Shimmer in the color Work of Tart. It was only .99 cents and looked similar to Sinful Colors texture Treasure Chest that I have been looking for everywhere with absolutely no luck. At that price and that potential I had to buy it!

I am just going to say this right up front that I am not very happy with this polish at all and glad I didn't pay full price for it. Work of Tart is a aqual/teal texture that looks like it has a yellow undertone to it and some slight shimmer. I expected the polish to have a shimmer that was on par with the shimmer in say a Zoya Pixie Dust polish but it's not even close. It's a very fine micro shimmer. The formula was not the best either. I used three coats and still had some spots that were too sheer. Dry time was pretty bad with this polish. I had let it dry for at least forty-five minutes and still got a huge smudge when I hit my thumb on something. I've had it on for less than six hours now and already have some huge chips on a couple of the nails. The hunt for Treasure Chest will continue!!




No comments:

Post a Comment