Monday, November 25, 2013

Nail Art for Nubs Monday

This week this first real cold front came through and the temperatures dipped down below freezing so I thought a winter mani was very appropriate. I wanted to do something with snowflakes which reminded me of a this mani I saw on pinterest that I wanted to recreate here. I started off with two coats of Cult Nails Nevermore. I then added a layer of glitter with D&R Apothecary polish Aquarelle and then topped all that off with a layer of Butter London matte topcoat. For the snowflakes I used Barry M Silver foil effects and Bundle Monster H01, Winstonia W120, Gals GA1, and plate m59 from Born Pretty store. To finish everything off I added small light blue gems to the center of one of the snowflakes on each nail. I used nail glue for the gems so that they would last longer since I didn't want to use a real topcoat. I wanted to have the silver be shining and bright above the matte of the base and I think the overall effect is amazing.


3 comments: