Sunday, January 27, 2013

Daily Lacquer I'll Fly Away

If you have never heard of or tried a polish from Daily Lacquer please make sure you run over to her Etsy store immediately and check it out because she has some serious amazingness going on over there! I'll Fly Away is one of two polishes I received from the wonderful Maggy over at Daily Lacquer to review and I have to say I am super impressed. Blue is my current favorite color at the moment and this one did not disappoint at all.

I'll fly away is a aqua-y turquoise jelly-ish polish leaning towards creme that dries to a semi-matte finish but still maintains it's shimmer and shine. Love all the -y and -ises there lol This polish definitely has a lot going on with it and I love that. Inside that wonderful blue base is bright pink dots of glitter, hearts and flowers. The dots come out super easy and require no fishing. The hearts and flowers were a little more tricky but I assume that is because I was working with a mini bottle. After a good shake up I was able to get a few of the flowers and hearts out relatively easily. They do get a little covered in the base but still are able to be seen. This polish is a little sheer but built up nicely to what you see here after only three coats. If you don't want to use so many coats I'm sure a nice pair of blue undies would work just fine too! The first picture is shown with just the polish itself and no top coat and you can still see the shimmer too it and while it is mostly matte it still has some shine. Top coat in the second picture only enhances this shimmer and makes this polish even more gorgeous! Wear was great too it lasted for a few days with very minimal tip wear at all.I definitely can't wait to try some more from this brand. Make sure you go check Daily Lacquer out!

Without top coat

With top coat

2 comments: