Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fame by Prevail

Don't you just hate it when you find a beautiful bottle of nail polish that is just so great and sparkly looking just to finally get it home and put it on your nail and it is NOTHING like what it looks like in the bottle? I really do! I found this amazing looking color called Fame by a brand I had never heard of before called Prevail but I am always willing to try something new. It looks like such a pretty greyish purple with a pinky purple duochrome and packed with lots of different color glitter like pink, blue, and green.

I finally get it on my nails and it is pretty much the worst color ever. It was a streaky thick nightmare to apply and looked nothing like the pretty glittering bottle it came in. It turned out looking like streaky dark grey house paint on my nails with a nonexistant duochrome. The glitter also ended up  so muted on the nail it just has no effect. The camera actually makes this look better than it does in real life because with my eyes it is very hard to pick up the glitter unless I hold it very close to my face.

It also chips very quickly. I had it on my fingers less than 12 hours when the pictures were taken and I had tons of chips and chipwear and this is with three coats and a layer of seche vite.

So sad it had such potential.

so pretty!!!
So not pretty and chipped very quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment